Job Title: Mobile Crisis Clinical Supervisor / Program Manager
Organization: Bonita House, Inc. (BHI)
Location: Berkeley, California
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a renowned non-profit mental health and social rehabilitation agency that has been serving the community since 1971. We are committed to compassion, respect, progress, and resilience, providing Medi-Cal services to adults facing serious mental health and substance use disorders. As part of our commitment to community wellness, we are actively involved in creating a 24/7 Specialized Care Unit (SCU) in collaboration with the City of Berkeley.
We are seeking a passionate, mission-driven Licensed Therapist with experience in crisis work, clinical supervision, program development, management, leadership, and community engagement. As the Crisis Clinical Program Manager, you will join forces with an established team of behavioral health leaders to build and grow a new division of the crisis program for the city of Berkeley.
Your responsibilities will include clinical supervision, mentorship of clinicians, crisis response and assessment, culturally sensitive and trauma-informed interventions, and promoting person-centered approaches. The SCU teams will respond to nonviolent calls involving mental health crises, suicide, welfare checks, drug overdoses, and other nonviolent incidents classified as suspicious circumstances, disturbances, trespassing, and "social disorder." The teams will not respond to calls involving confirmed serious weapons. Additionally, the SCU teams will have the ability to transport clients to various locations such as shelters, drop-in centers, clinics, emergency facilities, and other public and private settings.
This position requires a 10-hour shift, four days per week, including one weekend day.
- Minimum 2 years of licensure with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC).
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in community-based settings or equivalent clinical supervision eligibility.
- Minimum 1 year of program development or management experience in mental health or crisis agencies.
- Passionate about serving diverse communities and embracing individual uniqueness.
- Strong collaborative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills under pressure.
- Proficient in Electronic Health Record systems.
- Willingness to work outdoors for field shifts, travel in a van, and engage in physical activity.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package valued at $9,000 annually per employee, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous PTO and holiday schedule
- Retirement plan
- Professional development days
- Tuition reimbursement
- iPhone and laptop for fieldwork
We prioritize the safety of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our protective measures include mandatory mask usage, symptom screening, contact tracing, temperature checks, and protective barriers.
If you are passionate about transforming lives, driving societal change, and contributing to community betterment, we encourage you to apply or connect with Wayne Holt at Wayne@uhcsolutions.com or 503-379-1524 to explore how BHI can be an ideal partner for you and your career.